You have muscles called pelvic floor muscles.
They support the uterus, bladder, small intestine and rectum.
You have known about aging, after giving birth problem that everyone has to face, such as:
- Vaginal is more and more loose.
- Leak urine/stool when sneeze, cough or even can’t control at any time when get old
Pelvic floor muscles’s strength, flexibility is very important in those problems. The more they are strengthen, the less problem you have.
Step 1: Determine your pelvic muscles:
Go to pee and try to stop the flow suddenly. You can feel the muscles which help you do that. Those are pelvic floor muscles.
Step 2: Practice 3 times/ day; 10 repetitions/ time:
Make sure your bladder is empty before practicing
Basically, you will repeat doing this:
- Breath in and tighten the muscles as when you stop urine flow, keep in some seconds
- Breath out and push your muscles as you are trying to open your vaginal wider, keep in some seconds
Some seconds here means:
You have 2 session: quick contraction and strong contraction.
For quick contraction session: each step is in 1 second.
For strong contraction session: each step is from 5-10 seconds (up to your ability)
Reason: your pelvic floor muscles have fast-twitch and slow-twitch fibers. Each fiber need different practice. Quick contraction session is for fast-twitch filber, and strong contraction session is for
You can do alone or with tools. Here is some of my recommendation. Read more about criteria to choose by yourself, cause it is about health, any not everything in market is safe and efficiently.
– Jade egg
Common and serious mistakes many people made:
- Move bowel: in this case, you not only practice wrong muscle, but also may increase abdominal pressure, damage your pelvic floor muscles.
- Tens the abdomen, buttocks, or thighs: wrong muscles again, so no effect to your pelvic floor muscles
- Hold breath while practicing:
=> ALWAYS focus to make sure your movement is at pelvic floor muscles
If you feel pain in your abdomen or back after a Kegel exercise session, it’s a sign that you’re not doing them correctly
How to make it efficiently:
Fix time with reminder to practice: ideally is right when you wake up, or has just get into bed. So nothing disturb you while practicing.
Check result, process: It is hard to see result clearly by eye, but there is some tools can help you. Check out Biofeedback to both practicing and checking result. And remember, dont be hasty. It takes around 3 months to see changes.